The "DOC's" Top Of The Comic Book Pile for April 18th, 2012
created 04/18/2012 - 10:06am
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these books to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five titles of the week!
1. Batman #8: "Night of the Owls" begins here and the lives of the "Bat" family will never be the same again! Scott Snyder is writing the best Batman stories I have ever read, now you need to too — before Gotham is taken over! Read the full review.
2. Avengers vs. X-Men #2: The gloves are off and the bell has been rung! Friend vs. friend, hero vs. hero -- it all starts to fall apart here! No matter what side you're on, I only have this to say — "Burn, baby, burn!" Read the full review.
3. B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth: The Long Death #3: It's the Wendigo vs. Capt. Daimo in a battle to the death! Johann's quest for revenge against the Capt. comes to fruition, and only one "creature" will emerge alive! Hell continues to fall on the B.P.R.D. and no one is safe!
4. Fables #116: Therese has been manipulated to become the queen of Discardia, the relm of forgotten toys. But what she doesn't know may kill her — and her entire family! There is something truly eerie about mangled stuffed animals that won't let you leave! Creepy!
5. Justice League #8: What can I say that will entice you to buy this book more than you all ready know? How about this, there was already an eighth member of the Justice League we never knew about! Forget Green Arrow, this one is a shocker!