Top 10 reasons to support DC's Stormwatch
created 06/09/2012 - 11:44am, updated 06/09/2012 - 4:08pm
I always feel that my favorite titles that do not include the Big Guns of the
10. These humans have been doing what the Justice League is trying to do for thousands of years and succeeding apparently, since the Earth is still here.
9. Their HQ is cool, invisible to Earther detection (including superbeings) and has a mind of its own – a mind that hates its crew and considers humans a “plague.” Cannot find that in the Batcave or Fortress of Solitude.
8. Despite changes in creators over a short period, the team’s mission has remained the same and the action and characterization have only improved.
7. Like the Green Lanterns (whom Stormwatch considers as threats to Earth, so there is some story fodder), this team works for bosses they do not know very well who may or may not have unknown agendas.
6. Their leader is a female machine, and a badass one at that.
5. The adventures of Stormwatch features a 12-year-old girl who has the power to destroy the universe, and probably the Multiverse. Twelve!
4. Martian Manhunter. Nuff said.
3. While the heroes of the New 52 are protecting the world and universe, Stormwatch is keeping its eyes on the superbeings. How cool is that?
2. For those who love media headlines: Apollo and Midnighter are G-A-Y. How about a little press from The View on this title?
1. It’s COSMIC!!!
Look for "Stormwatch" #11 on sale July 4th!