The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile for February 22, 2012
created 02/22/2012 - 10:53am, updated 02/22/2012 - 10:56am
The DOC's Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly "quick pick" of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these five books to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health begins with these top five titles of the week!
1. Torso (Graphic Novel): Originally published in 2000 from Image, Bendis' look at the true story of Elliot Ness' chase of America's first serial killer, gets the hardcover treatment through Marvel's Icon imprint! This is true crime writing at it's finest!
2. Invincible Ultimate Collection #7: Kirkman's second biggest hit, and cosmic fans number one book, hits the shelves today! If you are a fan of anything good in comics -- this ones for you! Sketches, comments and covers to every trade and issue, make this one massive book of cosmic goodness!
3. American Vampire #24: Travis vs. Skinner Sweet -- in a brawl to the death! Need I say more! Snyder just keeps the good times rolling with this introspective look into the vampire hunter Travis' past.
4. The Dark Knight #6: We all know how nasty Bane can be, but the DCnU Bane is bigger, badder and ... smarter? It's going to be a long night for Batman as he battles his biggest threat yet! David Finch's cover is worth the price of admission alone!
5. Dark Horse Presents #9: This issue has everything to please any type of comic fan! You get a Mike Mignola Lobster Johnson story, an adapted version of Edgar Allen Poe's The City In The Sea by Richard Corben and the debut of novelist, Caitlin R. Kiernan's, Alabaster: Wolves! Throw in, one of my favorites, The Many Murders Of Miss Cranbourne by Rich Johnston, and you have 80 pages of pure comic nirvana! Read the full review.